Beautiful brands with remarkable stories, that is in short what CDMLEC and its team stand for. Our brands are meaningful. They are historically relevant and should not be forgotten. Joining our watch brand family is about becoming part of and contributing to a legendary story of tradition, craftmanship and design.
CDMLEC was founded in 2014 by Tom van Wijlick when he and his wife Eveline came across a picture of a beautiful Swiss Made vintage Lebois & Co chronograph watch which was sold at an auction by Christie’s. They printed the picture, stuck it to their fridge and started their research of this unfamiliar brand and their former owners. This study led to the revival of the brand and to the of adding sister brand Airain a few years later, which Type 20 pilot chronograph served as a trusted companion for the ALAT Aviation Service, the French Army’s airborne division, in the 1950’s and 60’s.
International Brand & Community Manager (32-36 hrs/week)
How would you like to support an internationally active start-up specialising in luxury watch brands? We have experienced an exciting growth over the last few years. To keep up with all the opportunities and support our brands, we need you!
As a Brand & Community Manager, you’re always on the lookout for opportunities to help further promote our international legacy. You will help bring new watch models to market by maintaining good ties with watch blogs. You will also make sure that we are consistently represented online, both through our own channels (website & social media) as well as trend watching platforms and leading horology outlets. Together with our content partners, your task is to create valuable output that drives sales and strengthens the reputation of our various watch brands.
We have already gathered a small fan base around our brands collection, whom we promise to be the world’s most personal luxury watch brand collection. Your responsibility, then, is to curate exchanges with our fans, offer support in case of questions, and further expand our global reach. Setting up and growing our CDMLEC Rewards loyalty programme is another important task.
Requirements: what we ask
- Netherlands-based. You will mainly work in our office in Reuver, NL
- Profound English knowledge is a must, other languages are a plus. French would be a big plus
- Experience in e-commerce/online business
- Project Management skills/experience
- Understanding of CMS (WordPress), Google Analytics, and SEO
- Affinity for writing (social captions, website texts, newsletters)
- Experience in social media marketing
Personality: is this you?
- You’re a well-organised, optimistic self-starter with a hands-on mentality;
Since we’re a small team, you may occasionally have to help ‘hands-on’ process orders
- You have an interest in the watch industry and/or luxury products
- You possess a customer-first attitude
- You’re a flexible team player who does not lose track of the overall goals
Responsibilities: what you’ll work on
- Conduct marketing analysis and research
- Strategy development for positioning
- Manage social media accounts and ensure brand consistency
- Create, execute, and manage marketing programmes and campaigns
- Build relationships with influencers, journalists, and media outlets
- Collaborate with suppliers like photographers, videographers and copywriters
- Growing the CDMLEC community by increasing engagement across all platforms
- Maintaining customer contact through all channels
- Implement CDMLEC Rewards loyalty programme
CDMLEC is a horology start-up that combines Swiss precision, down-to-earth Dutch mentality, fresh entrepreneurial spirit, and excellent customer focus. Our goal is to create maximum value for money: high-quality, Swiss Made timepieces with luxury finishes within a market-friendly price range.
CDMLEC has customers around the world and is determined to grow its fan base, brands, and watch models. Our recent success stories include the Airain Type 20, a re-edition of a French military pilot’s watch, and the Lebois & Co Heritage Chronograph, a modern version of the brand’s 1940s chronographs. These were developed through CoLAB, a design collaboration platform for our fan community and other watch enthusiasts worldwide.
Become part of our team
Are you excited to help us kick things up a notch? Please send your resumé and motivation (both in English) to tom@CDMLEC.com before February 5th 2023.
Any questions? Send them in and we will get back to you within 2 working days. Info about CDMLEC and our hiring process can be found on our careers page.